The Kensington Redondo Beach
Our Promise: to love and care for your family as we do our own
The Lead Care Manager is a working supervisor and will carry an assignment of resident care during their shift. In addition to providing care to residents, the Lead Care Manager provides supervision and direction to the other Care Managers on the shift.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides assistance to residents with activities of daily living including bathing, grooming, feeding, mobility, toileting, and participation in life enrichment activities.
- Participates in the new hire interviewing and training process including involvement in the group interviewing process, assistance in providing a job preview for potential candidates to be hired, ensuring that new hires are teamed up with experienced care managers in the first week, and providing feedback to the neighborhood director on new hire assimilation.
- Assists neighborhood director with staff scheduling, assignment of breaks, and ensuring all care manager shifts are adequately covered.
- Provides ongoing problem solving, assistance, and support to the care management team throughout the daily shift. Ensures that care managers utilize teamwork so that resident’s requests for assistance are responded to quickly and that care is delivered in a competent and compassionate manner.
- Ensures that the housekeeping and laundry services are completed for all residents including weekly cleaning by housekeeping, special cleaning as required, daily tidies by care staff, weekly laundry, and dry cleaning as needed.
- Ensures that timely and accurate documentation required of care managers is completed at the end of each shift and that cross over meetings are carried out between shifts to communicate important information.
- Ensures care managers are effectively supporting dining services during meal periods. Ensures that dietary boards are up to date, that in room meals are delivered and cleared, bedtime snacks are in place for residents that require them, and reports on whether in room meals were consumed.
- Assists in maintaining resident charts. Communicates all changes and unusual observation concerning residents physical and psycho-social functioning. Provides input to resident individualized service plans as appropriate.
- Improves the performance of the operation by providing staff performance feedback to the neighborhood director, identifying supply and equipment needs, and reporting maintenance problems.
- Maintains all work and service areas in clean and orderly condition.
- Maintains current knowledge of emergency procedures and is able to act in a leadership role during an emergency.
- Attends departmental meetings, training courses, and participates in other professional development activities as required.
Knowledge and Skill:
- Must have excellent verbal skills and communication abilities.
- Ability to lead effectively within a team based environment.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, customers, and families.
- Knowledge of appropriate Kensington Senior Living policies and procedures (i.e. HR, emergency procedures, infection control, Resident Handbook, etc.)
- Ability to calculate figures related to amounts such as percentages and area.
- Ability to remain calm in difficult situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must be able to clearly and proficiently communicate with people of all ages, while maintaining an energetic and positive attitude.
- Must be able to read and write English, and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience and proven excellent performance working as a Certified Nurse Assistant including some medical/surgical or home care experience and awareness of the needs of geriatric residents.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Nurse Assistant Certification is required.
Mental and Physical Requirements:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms above, below and at shoulder height.
- The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 25 pounds. Must be able to push a minimum of 200 pounds and be able to push such weight a minimum distance of 200 feet.
- May be necessary to assist in the evacuation of residents during an emergency.
- Work area may be subject to noise, distractions, and interruptions. Ability to remain calm and positive in stressful situations.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only job duties to be performed by the team member occupying this position.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities and aptitude to perform each duty proficiently.