The Kensington Redondo Beach
Our Promise: To love and care for your family as we do our own.
The Business Office Assistant is responsible for assisting the Business Office Manager with the administration of accounting processes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists with the Accounts Receivable process including the preparation of monthly billing, by entering all Resident Reimbursables into the billing software.
- Assists with the Accounts Payable processes including scanning invoices, distributing invoices to departments for coding, and posting invoices to the proper GL account for payment. May assist with weekly check run for Accounts Payable. Follow up and interaction with vendors for W9-tax information and any invoice disputes.
- Process all credit card invoices including receipts and reconciliation on a monthly basis. Ability to research and track down missing receipts from Department Heads. Will need to contact vendors on to research charges and payments involving the credit card.
- Filing, scanning and purging of files.
- Responsible for covering the front desk Concierge desk for lunch breaks. Will be trained on all Concierge duties.
- Attends training courses and participate in other professional development activities as required.
- Any other duties assigned by Business Office Manager.
Knowledge and Skill:
- Must have excellent verbal skills and communication abilities.
- Ability to work effectively within a team based environment.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Knowledge and application of employment regulatory requirements.
- Must have excellent computer skills, including; Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, and Property Management Systems.
- Must be able to clearly and proficiently communicate with people of all ages and abilities, displaying consideration of their rights and sensitivities, while maintaining an energetic, positive attitude.
- Must be able to read and write English, and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Must maintain a clean and well-groomed appearance and follow the dress code as outlined in the employee handbook.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings.
- Be in good health, and physically and mentally capable of performing assigned tasks.
- Demonstrates freedom from pulmonary tuberculosis by a health screening performed by a physician not more than (6) months prior to or (7) days after employment
- Must be cleared in a criminal background check administered in the state of California.
- Ability to remain objective when resolving disputes and make recommendations that are in alignment with the policies and values of the company.
- Experience in a similar position with accounting and human resources generalist duties is preferred.
- High school diploma required; Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
Mental and Physical Requirements:
- Requires ability to stand and walk short and long distances for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and/or carry objects in excess of 25 pounds.
- Requires reaching above, below, and at shoulder length.
- Ability to remain calm and positive in stressful situations.