Outdoor Exercise: And Mental Well-Being
There is no question that getting some fresh air and being outside is good for the mind, body, and soul. With the warm weather and long days of summer upon us, let’s step away from that treadmill or stationary bike and take our workout… well, out. Here is a list of fun things to do outdoors, and get a bit of exercise while you are at it.
- Ride your bike. Whether it be a leisurely ride through your neighborhood, along the beach, or even through the city streets, biking is a great way to explore and get some exercise.
- Go on a hike! There is nothing like a spirited walk in nature to get your heart pumping and your lungs breathing in lots of fresh air. Not to mention, being in nature does wonders for the soul.
- Do a little gardening! People underestimate the exercise you can get while planting and tending to your garden. Plus you can reap the rewards of fresh fruit and veggies all summer long. Bonus!
- Golfing anyone? The average length of a golf course is 4.09 miles. Grab a friend, ditch the golf cart, and spend your day on the golf course!
- Start walking! There’s nothing better than a nice walk around the neighborhood to clear your mind and get some exercise. Your dog will love you for it too!