Website The Kensington Redondo Beach
Our Promise: To love and care for your family as we do our own.
Interested in joining The Kensington family?
To apply, please submit your resume and inquiry at the ADP link below:
The Wellness Nurse supports the Director of Nursing Services in planning, organizing, developing, directing and evaluating the nursing service operation. Provides the highest degree of quality resident care while ensuring that applicable Federal, State and local standards and regulatory requirements are adhered to.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assumes direct supervisory role for all nursing personnel in addition and during the absence of the Director of Nursing.
- Manages staff schedules and time corrections through ADP.
- Assists the Director of Nursing in assuring appropriateness of resident admission to the facility by reviewing pre-admission medical evaluations and assisting in collecting resident personal data, evaluating resident functional levels and assessing resident needs for assistance with activities of daily living.
- Assists physicians and Directors of Nursing, Assisted Living and Memory Care with planning for the individual resident’s nursing care and completes resident assessment forms. Works with providers such as pharmacy, hospice, home health agencies, and rehab to ensure resident care is coordinated.
- Supervises the delivery of treatments to ensure they are carried out on a timely basis and in a manner that meets standards of care. Identifies opportunities for improvement and recommends changes to the Director of Nursing.
- Supervises the quality of notes, documentation, medication and treatment administration records and other records maintained in resident charts. Identifies opportunities for improvement and recommends changes to the Director of Nursing.
- Assures resident rights are protected and the privacy of resident health care information is protected.
- Meets with prospective and current residents and their families as needed to discuss issues related to resident care, solve problems, and promotes positive customer relations. Assures problems and complaints are managed in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Participates in the weekly Health Maintenance meeting. The purpose of this meeting is to provide for a regular review of resident individual service plans, note changes in residents’ condition, and coordinate changes in care plans with service providers such as physicians, pharmacy, and rehab providers to meet resident requirements.
- Participates in regular reviews to identify nursing services improvement opportunities and compliance with Federal and State rules and regulations and facility policies. Assists in developing plans and actions to carry out improvements.
- Attends and participates in workshops, seminars and other programs to keep abreast of changes in the healthcare field. Shares and communicates new knowledge.
- Represents the community and nursing service in professional and community activities and maintains positive relationship with referral sources and service providers.
- Attend straining courses and participate in other professional development activities to meet community requirements and maintain professional certification.
Knowledge and Skill:
- Must have excellent verbal skills and communication abilities.
- Ability to work effectively within a team based environment.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to calculate figures related to budgetary items, staffing needs, medication dosages, and amounts such as percentages and area.
- Knowledge of Federal and State regulations, as well as OBRA laws.
- Must have excellent computer skills, including; Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, and Property Management Systems.
- Must be able to clearly and proficiently communicate with people of all ages, while maintaining an energetic and positive attitude.
- Must be able to read and write English, and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Minimum of 3 years in similar position, with preferable retirement living or home-care background.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings.
- Ability to read, analyzes, and interrupts human service periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse or Nurse Practitioner.
- Fully vaccinated and boosted for COVID prior to working in the community.
- Negative COVID test prior to working in the community.
Mental and Physical Requirements:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms above, below and at shoulder height.
- The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 25 pounds. Must be able to push a minimum of 200 pounds and be able to push such weight a minimum distance of 200 feet.
- May be necessary to assist in the evacuation of residents during an emergency.
Work area may be subject to noise, distractions, and interruptions. Ability to remain calm and positive in stressful situations is required