The Kensington Redondo Beach
Our Promise: To love and care for your family as we do our own.
The Utility Worker is responsible organizing, cleaning, and sanitizing kitchen facilities, dining and lounge facilities, dining services equipment, and china glass and silver.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cleans kitchen and dining service area floors, hard surfaces, storage areas, fixtures, and equipment in accordance with all daily and weekly cleaning schedules.
- Prepares china, glass, silver, utensils, pots and pans, and equipment for cleaning by rinsing and pre-soaking as appropriate.
- Operates dish-washing equipment and 3-compartment sinks to properly clean and sanitize china, glass, silver, utensils, pots and pans, and equipment components.
- Tests dish-washing equipment and 3- compartment sinks for proper operating temperature and levels of sanitizer in accordance with safe food handling guidelines.
- Transports and stores clean small wares to their proper storage place.
- Disposes of all wet garbage, trash, and cardboard boxes throughout the work shift in order to maintain a clean, uncluttered and safe work environment.
- Assists with proper storage of all food and supply deliveries and break down and removal of resulting trash.
- Attends training courses and participates in other professional development activities as required.
- Report any suspicion or evidence of elder abuse, mistreatment or neglect as outlined in Personnel Policies.
Knowledge and Skill:
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to work effectively within a team based environment.
- High School education or GED preferred, but not required
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends, evenings, rotating shifts, and occasional overtime.
- Certified in safe food handling.
- Be in good health, and physically and mentally capable of performing assigned tasks. Good physical health shall be verified by a health screening performed by a physician not more than (6) months prior to or (7) days after employment.
- Demonstrates freedom from pulmonary tuberculosis by a health screening performed by a physician not more than (6) months prior to or (7) days after employment
- Must be criminally cleared by DOJ and FBI via the Live-Scan process prior to initial presence in the facility.
Mental and Physical Requirements:
- Requires ability to stand and walk short distances for extended periods of time.
- Stoops for and bends at the knees, twisting from side to side at the waist.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds to waist height and 40 lbs to shoulder height
- Must be able to push 200 lbs. on a cart with casters
- Requires reaching above, below and at shoulder level
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only job duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities and aptitude to perform each duty proficiently.