Website The Kensington Redondo Beach
Our Promise: To Love and Care for Your Family as We Do Our Own.
The Overnight Supervisor is responsible for the overall safe keeping of the community during the overnight hours of 11 pm to 7 am. This position is to provide general and basic supervisory oversight to all team members in the building during these hours, as well as, general security services within the building. The Overnight Supervisor is responsible for assisting the Directors of the Community by ensuring operations are consistent throughout the night, monitoring staff performance, troubleshooting matters that might arise and initiating communication with Management or Families when necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gains thorough knowledge of emergency procedures and alarm systems and acts as the point of contact throughout emergency situations until relieved of this duty.
- Makes periodic inspections of both interior and exterior grounds to ensure all resident safety devices are functional. (Certain doors secured at designated times, ensure access controls and time clock devices working properly, site lighting all working, etc.)
- Notes any unusual or inappropriate occurrences during all inspections, documents and follows up with necessary directors.
- Makes at least 3 rounds per shift throughout the building, including mechanical rooms and documents closed loop boiler temperature. Attends to any audible or visual issues with all mechanical equipment.
- Checks in with each care team periodically and documents any issues.
- Answers and directs all incoming phone calls to the appropriate person and/or takes and distributes messages promptly and Responds to emails.
- Monitor pendant calls, document time and reason for repeated calls.
- Accepts, documents, and distributes work requests from residents and team members and follows up to ensure they are responded to in a timely manner.
9.Ensures minor maintenance items are addressed immediately (changing lightbulbs, unclogging toilets, wet vac any floods from toilets or showers, etc.)
- Ensures nursing and care team are checking on their pendants and the pendant system is functioning correctly.
- Drops off newspapers to residents and neighborhoods on daily basis.
- Facilitates any 911 calls not facilitated by our nursing department, stays with the resident until ambulance arrives. Calls director or executive director to inform them.
- Creates a daily report of all findings throughout the shift and sends to entire Management team via email approximately 5 to 15 minutes before shift ends.
- Calls designated maintenance personnel or vendor for any emergencies (hot or cold calls above 85 and below 65, water leaks, power outages, etc.)
- Participates in other professional development activities and trainings as required.
- Assures problems and resident or family complaints involving maintenance or care services are responded to in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Attends training courses and participates in other professional development activities as required.
Knowledge and Skill:
- Must have excellent verbal skills and communication abilities.
- Ability to work effectively within a team based environment.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to calculate figures related to budgetary items, staffing needs, medication dosages, and amounts such as percentages and area.
- Knowledge of Federal and State regulations, as well as COBRA laws.
- Must have excellent computer skills, including; Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, and Property Management Systems.
- Must be able to clearly and proficiently communicate with people of all ages and abilities, displaying consideration of their rights and sensitivities, while maintaining an energetic, positive attitude.
- Must be able to read and write English, and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Must maintain a clean and well-groomed appearance and follow the dress code as outlined in the employee handbook.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings.
- Be in good health, and physically and mentally capable of performing assigned tasks.
- Demonstrates freedom from pulmonary tuberculosis by a health screening performed by a physician not more than (6) months prior to or (7) days after employment
- Must be cleared in a criminal background check administered in the state of Virginia.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Must receive a negative COVID test before working in the community.
- Must receive COVID vaccine within the first 30 days of employment.
Mental and Phvsical Requirements:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms above, below and at shoulder height.
- The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 25 pounds. Must be able to push a minimum of 200 pounds and be able to push such weight a minimum distance of 200 feet,
- May be necessary to assist in the evacuation of residents during an emergency.
- Work area may be subject to noise, distractions, and interruptions. Ability to remain calm and positive in stressful situations is required.