The Kensington Redondo Beach
Our Promise: to love and care for your family as we do our own
The Care Manager- Assisted Living provides direct care to residents in the Assisted Living neighborhood, including activities of daily living, therapeutic activities programs, and restorative programs. Assistance may be total, partial, or stand by depending upon physical and cognitive ability of resident.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assures the maximum quality of life for all residents by maintaining privacy, accommodating individual preference, promoting independence, encouraging and assisting participation in community activities and events, and communicating respectfully at all times.
- Assists residents in and out of bed and chair/wheelchair using proper transfer techniques if required. Depending on residents’ weight and physical abilities, may require the assistance of another Care Manager or the use of a mechanical lift to move the resident. If resident is unable to reposition self, provides assistance to turn and reposition resident intermittently.
- Assists residents in bathing as assigned. Monitor hygiene continuously and assist as needed to ensure that residents and their clothing are clean.
- Assists in personal grooming of residents including brushing hair, brushing teeth, trimming fingernails and toenails, and assisting residents in dressing or undressing. Folds or hangs clean clothing items and places soiled items in hamper.
- Removes soiled bedding and replaces with clean linens as needed.
- Assists residents in using bathroom and perineal care. May be required to provide, remove and clean bedpans, urinal catheter bags, and bedside commodes.
- Assists residents to dining area for meals or provide meals in room as required. Assists in delivery dining service to residents and documenting intake of nourishment as needed. Serves between meal nourishment and assist as needed. Records amount eaten as required.
- Assists in maintaining cleanliness, condition, and supplies in resident suites by observing and reporting housekeeping and maintenance needs and obtaining care supplies from the community or family as needed.
- Maintains all work and service areas in clean and orderly condition.
- Assists in maintaining resident charts. Documents assistance provided to residents at the end of each shift. Communicates all changes and unusual observation concerning residents physical and psycho-social functioning.
- Attends training courses and participates in other professional development activities as required.
- Report any suspicion or evidence of elder abuse, mistreatment or neglect as outlined in Personnel Policies.
Knowledge and Skill:
- Must be kind, caring, and possess a genuine desire to work with seniors.
- Must have excellent verbal skills and communication abilities.
- Ability to work effectively within a team based environment.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, customers, and families.
- Ability to calculate figures related to amounts such as percentages and area.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must be able to clearly and proficiently communicate with people of all ages, while maintaining an energetic and positive attitude.
- Must be able to read and write English, and follow verbal and written instructions.
- One (1) year of experience working as a Certified Nurse Assistant including some medical/surgical or home care experience and awareness of the needs of geriatric residents.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Nurse Assistant Certification is required.
- Must be criminally cleared by DOJ and FBI via the Live-Scan process prior to initial presence in the facility.
- Be in good health and physically and mentally capable of performing assigned tasks. Good physical health and freedom from tuberculosis hall be verified by a health screening performed by a physician not more than (6) months prior to or (7) days following employment.
- Have current Adult First Aid card at time of employment and maintain throughout length of employment.
Mental and Physical Requirements:
- While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The team member regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms above, below and at shoulder height.
- The team member frequently lifts and/or moves up to 25 pounds. Must be able to push a minimum of 200 pounds and be able to push such weight a minimum distance of 200 feet.
- May be necessary to assist in the evacuation of residents during an emergency.
- Work area may be subject to noise, distractions, and interruptions. Ability to remain calm and positive in stressful situations.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only job duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities and aptitude to perform each duty proficiently.