The Kensington Redondo Beach
The Memory Care Manager is responsible for all aspects of the operation of the Memory Care neighborhood including planning, organizing, developing, directing, and evaluating services and programs in a manner that meets the needs and interests of Memory Care residents.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in the yearly business and budget planning for the Memory Care department. Monitor and adjust staffing levels, care planning/delivery, and supply inventories to ensure the neighborhood meets labor cost, supply cost, and quality of care goals.
- Participates in resident move-in to the community by reviewing pre-move-in medical evaluations, collecting resident personal data, evaluating resident functional levels, and determining resident interests and social needs. Assists as needed in the assessment and sales processes.
- Leads the process of planning for the individual resident’s nursing care, nutrition, and activities and completes resident Individual Service Plans. Leads the Individual Service Plan meetings with residents and families.
- Coordinates with the Connections and Haven Activities Coordinators on weekly activities calendars for each neighborhood. Ensures care managers’ assignments incorporate participation in activities.
- Meets individually with prospective and current residents and their families to discuss issues related to resident care, participation in activities, solve problems, and promote positive customer relations. Assures problems and complaints involving care services and activities are managed in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Participates in Health Maintenance Meetings to review resident Individual Service Plans, notes changes in residents’ condition, and recommends changes in care plans and activities to meet resident requirements.
- Monitors Key Business Objective indicators and participates in regular reviews to identify improvement opportunities and level of compliance with Federal and State rules and regulations and community policies. Develops plans and actions to carry out improvements.
- Represents Kensington Senior Living in professional and community activities and maintains positive relationship with referral sources and service providers.
- Interviews, makes hiring recommendations, trains, orients, supervises, evaluates performance, and disciplines neighborhood personnel. Sets departmental priorities and makes job assignments. Keeps employees informed of changes that affect them.
- Attends and participates in workshops, seminars and other programs to keep abreast of changes in the healthcare field. Shares and communicates new knowledge. Participates in other professional development activities as required.
Knowledge and Skill:
- Must have excellent verbal skills and communication abilities.
- Ability to work effectively within a team based environment.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to calculate figures related to budgetary items, staffing needs, medication dosages, and amounts such as percentages and area.
- Knowledge of Federal and State regulations, as well as COBRA laws.
- Must have excellent computer skills, including; Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, and Property Management Systems.
- Must be able to clearly and proficiently communicate with people of all ages, while maintaining an energetic and positive attitude.
- Must be able to read and write English, and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Minimum of 5 years in similar position, preferably in high acuity assisted living communities. Direct hands on care experience required.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings.
- Ability to read, analyzes, and interrupts human service periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
Mental and Physical Requirements:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms above, below and at shoulder height.
- The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 25 pounds. Must be able to push a minimum of 200 pounds and be able to push such weight a minimum distance of 200 feet.
- May be necessary to assist in the evacuation of residents during an emergency.
- Work area may be subject to noise, distractions, and interruptions. Ability to remain calm and positive in stressful situations is required.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only job duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities and aptitude to perform each duty proficiently.
To apply for this job email your details to RedondoBeachCareers@kensingtonsl.com