Interested in joining The Kensington Family?
Do you have a passion and love for seniors? Do you want to work for an employer who appreciates you and values you?
If so, The Kensington Redondo Beach is looking for full-time and part-time qualified caring and loving people to join our team. We offer competitive salaries and a great benefits package to our full-time team members. Please let us know if you’re interested in finding out more about our open positions and provide us with your contact information at your earliest convenience.
We look forward to hearing from you!
The LVN is responsible to provide supervision and coordination of medication management and resident care delivery. Additionally, the LVN assists the Director of Nursing in setting standards of nursing care and management of residents under the direction of a physician.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares and accurately assists residents with the self-administration of prescribed medications to residents in accordance with individual medication care records. Organizes medication carts to help ensure accuracy and efficiency during the med pass.
- Maintains inventory of required medications, monitors expiration dates, and properly stores medications. Follows controlled drug procedures, and ensures proper disposal of expired, contaminated, or excess drugs.
- Assesses medication administration and notifies the Director of Nursing of potential problems with dispensing instructions or potential adverse drug interactions. Assures that all resident medication records are accurate, complete, and all mandatory forms are on file.
- Assists in examinations and/or treatment of residents and carries out orders as directed by the Director of Nursing or his/her designee. Notifies the Director of Nursing and the appropriate neighborhood director of changes in the resident’s physical or mental condition.
- Assists Director of Nursing with scheduling and follow up on physician appointments and ensuring medication orders are accurately recorded and carried out.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of emergency procedures and responds to all emergency situations. Performs first aid and/ or CPR, if required.
- Assures that all resident records are accurate. Completes and signs paperwork, resident care notes, medication administration records and incident reports and provides follow-up as required. Maintains confidentiality of resident and community information.
- Interviews and examines current residents to assess needs, monitors and records resident medical condition and behavioral changes, assists in the formal process to re-assess resident care needs and recommends adjustments to care plans..
- Participates in the Move-In, transfer, and discharge planning of residents.
- Works cooperatively with residents, residents’ families and representatives, community staff, physicians, consultants, and ancillary service providers. Acts as liaison with the community and residents’ supervising physician.
- Directs neighborhood team members and residents in executing of emergency and disaster procedures during drills and actual events.
- Provides daily report to the Director of Nursing concerning community conditions, resident conditions, and needs for nursing supplies.
- Participates in professional development activities as required.
- Report any suspicion or evidence of elder abuse, mistreatment or neglect as outlined in Personnel Policies.
Knowledge and Skill:
- Must have excellent verbal skills and communication abilities.
- Ability to work effectively within a team based environment.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to calculate figures related to budgetary items, staffing needs, medication dosages, and amounts such as percentages and area.
- Knowledge of applicable health care and employment Federal and State regulations.
- Must have excellent computer skills, including; Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, and Property Management Systems.
- Licensed as an LVN.
- Minimum of three (3) years in similar position, with retirement living or home-care background preferable.
- Must be able to clearly and proficiently communicate with people of all ages, while maintaining an energetic and positive attitude.
- Must be able to read and write English, and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings.
- Ability to read, analyzes, and interrupts human service periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Be in good health, and physically and mentally capable of performing assigned tasks. Good physical health shall be verified by a health screening performed by a physician not more than (6) months prior to or (7) days after employment.
- Demonstrates freedom from pulmonary tuberculosis by a health screening performed by a physician not more than (6) months prior to or (7) days after employment
- Must be criminally cleared by DOJ and FBI via the Live-Scan process prior to initial presence in the facility.
- Must test negative for COVID prior to working in the community.
- Must be fully vaccinated and boosted for COVID at time of employment.
Mental and Physical Requirements:
- While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The team member regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms above, below and at shoulder height.
- The team member frequently lifts and/or moves up to 25 pounds. Must be able to push a minimum of 200 pounds and be able to push such weight a minimum distance of 200 feet.
- Will be necessary to assist in the evacuation of residents during an emergency.
- Work area may be subject to noise, distractions, and interruptions. Ability to remain calm and positive in stressful situations is required.