TheKensingtonRB The Kensington Redondo Beach
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for establishing and administering key human resources processes and programs including recruitment, orientation, training and professional development, performance management, and compensation/benefits.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administers the recruitment process including placing ads/ job opening notices, accepting applications, conducting pre-screening, scheduling interviews, conducting background checks, administering pre-employment testing, executing written job offers.
- Administers training program to ensure that all team members meet training requirements for their position. Updates training requirements for each position, ensures all team members attend required training, resources training materials, and tracks effectiveness of training delivery. Coordinates new team member orientation.
- Administers the team member performance management process including training managers to coach and discipline team members, establishing recognition programs, administering completion of performance appraisal/improvement reviews, investigating performance problems, managing the Open Communication system, and conducting exit interviews.
- Administers team member benefits programs including open enrollment, resolving claims, change reporting, approving payments, and communicating benefit information to team members.
- Assists in developing and implementing of human resources policies and procedures. Maintains and distributes team member handbook and HR policies and procedures manual.
- Develops and maintains affirmative action programs. Files EEO-1 reports annually and maintains other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Ensures state and federal regulatory and record keeping requirements are met with regard to fair labor standards, compensation, hiring, and unemployment compensation. Represents the company at hearings with regard to human resources matters.
- Maintains Human Resource Information System records and compiles reports from database as required.
- Attend training courses and participate in other professional development activities as required.
Knowledge and Skill:
- Must have excellent verbal skills and communication abilities.
- Ability to work effectively within a team based environment.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Knowledge and application of employment regulatory requirements.
- Must have excellent computer skills, including; Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, and Property Management Systems.
- Must be able to clearly and proficiently communicate with people of all ages, while maintaining an energetic and positive attitude.
- Ability to remain objective when resolving disputes and make recommendations that are in alignment with the policies and values of the company.
- Must be able to read and write English, and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Minimum of 3 years in similar position, with preferable retirement living or home-care background.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings.
- High school diploma required; Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- Successfully complete health, criminal background and pre-employment drug screening
Mental and Physical Requirements:
- Requires ability to stand and walk short and long distances for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and/or carry objects in excess of 25 pounds.
- Requires reaching above, below, and at shoulder length.
- Ability to remain calm and positive in stressful situations.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only job duties to be performed by the team member occupying this position.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities and aptitude to perform each duty proficiently.
To apply for this job email your details to RedondoBeachCareers@kensingtonsl.com