Website The Kensington Redondo Beach
Our Promise: To love and care for your family as we do our own.
The Housekeeper is responsible for cleaning assigned resident suites and common areas.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cleans resident suites as assigned and according to prescribed standards and guidelines. Weekly cleaning of resident suites include but are not limited to cleaning and disinfecting of all bath room fixtures, tile walls, and floors, dusting/ cleaning of all flat surfaces, vacuuming of carpets, and changing of bed linens.
- Participate in bi-annual deep cleaning of resident suites including but not limited to cleaning under and behind furniture, cleaning of blinds, carpet cleaning, spot cleaning of walls, and cleaning of closet areas.
- Complete work request for items that require repair in resident suites and common areas.
- Cleans common areas as assigned including corridors, restrooms, offices, break rooms, lounges and storage areas.
- Sets up supply cart at the end of the work shift so that it is ready for use the next day.
- Maintains equipment and work areas in organized, clean, and like new condition.
- Attends training courses and participates in other professional development activities as required.
- Report any suspicion or evidence of elder abuse, mistreatment or neglect as outlined in Personnel Policies.
Knowledge and Skill:
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to work effectively within a team based environment.
- Knowledge of how to use common cleaning chemicals and equipment
- Must be able to communicate with people of all ages, while maintaining an energetic and positive attitude.
- Experience in a similar position is preferred.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings.
- Be in good health, and physically and mentally capable of performing assigned tasks. Good physical health shall be verified by a health screening performed by a physician not more than (6) months prior to or (7) days after employment.
- Demonstrates freedom from pulmonary tuberculosis by a health screening performed by a physician not more than (6) months prior to or (7) days after employment
- Must be criminally cleared by DOJ and FBI via the Live-Scan process prior to initial presence in the facility.
Mental and Physical Requirements:
- Requires ability to stand for extended periods of time and walk short and long distances.
- Must be able to lift and/or carry objects in excess of 25 pounds.
- Requires significant amount of bending at the waist.
- Requires reaching above, below, and at shoulder length.
- Ability to remain calm and positive in stressful situations.
- Must be vaccinated for COVID and have a negative COVID test upon hire.