The Kensington Redondo Beach
The Director of Nursing Services plans, organizes, develops, directs and evaluates the nursing service operation to deliver the highest degree of quality resident care while ensuring that applicable Federal, State and local standards and regulatory requirements are adhered to.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in the yearly business and budget planning for the Nursing department. Monitor and adjust licensed nursing staffing levels, care coordination and delivery, supply inventories, labor cost, supply cost, and quality of care goals.
- Assures appropriateness of resident admission to the facility by reviewing pre-admission medical evaluations, collecting resident personal data, evaluating resident functional levels and assessing resident needs for assistance with activities of daily living.
- Assists physicians and Directors of Assisted Living and Memory Care with planning for the individual resident’s nursing care and completes resident assessment forms. Works with providers such as pharmacy, hospice, home health agencies, and rehab to ensure resident care is coordinated.
- Assures resident rights are protected and the privacy of resident health care information is protected.
- Meets with prospective and current residents and their families to discuss issues related to resident care, solve problems, and promotes positive customer relations. Assures problems and complaints are managed in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Responsible for leading Health Maintenance meeting. The purpose of this meeting is to provide for a regular review of resident individual service plans, note changes in residents’ condition, and coordinate changes in care plans with service providers such as physicians, pharmacy, and rehab providers to meet resident requirements.
- Monitors Key Business Objective indicators and participates in regular reviews to identify improvement opportunities and level of compliance with Federal and State rules and regulations and community policies. Develops plans and actions to carry out improvements.
- Attends and participates in workshops, seminars and other programs to keep abreast of changes in the healthcare field. Shares and communicates new knowledge.
- Reviews effectiveness of resident service plan care notes, medication administration records, treatment administration records and other required record keeping. Directs changes as needed.
- Represents the community and nursing service in professional and community activities and maintains positive relationship with referral sources and service providers.
- Interviews, makes hiring recommendations, trains, orients, supervises, evaluates performance, and disciplines licensed nursing personnel. Sets departmental priorities and makes job assignments. Keeps employees informed of changes that affect them.
- Attend training courses and participate in other professional development activities to meet community requirements and maintain professional certification.
- Report any suspicion or evidence of elder abuse, mistreatment or neglect as outlined in Personnel Policies.
Knowledge and Skill:
- Must have excellent verbal skills and communication abilities.
- Ability to work effectively within a team-based environment.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to calculate figures related to budgetary items, staffing needs, medication dosages, and amounts such as percentages and area.
- Knowledge of Federal and State regulations.
- Must have excellent computer skills, including; Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, and Property Management Systems.
- Must be able to clearly and proficiently communicate with people of all ages, while maintaining an energetic and positive attitude.
- Must be able to read and write English and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Minimum of 3 years in similar position, with preferable retirement living or home-care background.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings.
- Ability to read, analyzes, and interrupts human service periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse or Nurse Practitioner.
- Be in good health, and physically and mentally capable of performing assigned tasks. Good physical health shall be verified by a health screening performed by a physician not more than (6) months prior to or (7) days after employment.
- Demonstrates freedom from pulmonary tuberculosis by a health screening performed by a physician not more than (6) months prior to or (7) days after employment
- Must be criminally cleared by DOJ and FBI via the Live-Scan process prior to initial presence in the facility.
Mental and Physical Requirements:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms above, below and at shoulder height.
- The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 25 pounds. Must be able to push a minimum of 200 pounds and be able to push such weight a minimum distance of 200 feet.
- May be necessary to assist in the evacuation of residents during an emergency.
- Work area may be subject to noise, distractions, and interruptions. Ability to remain calm and positive in stressful situations is required.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only job duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities and aptitude to perform each duty proficiently.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org