The Kensington Redondo Beach
The Director of Community Outreach is responsible for assessing and cultivating potential referral sources and maintaining existing relationships within the external referral network. The Director of Community Outreach will also assist in all aspects of sales and marketing operations that result in building census and prospect awareness.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops annual and quarterly outreach marketing plans with the Executive Director based on current community needs and objectives. Attends regular reviews of progress against team and personal goals, discusses completed community outreach activities, and plans strategic outreach visits.
- Cultivates and maintains a network of quality clinical and non-clinical referral sources that drives high levels of qualified lead traffic and conversion rates.
- Maintains and builds professional contact data-base, documenting all professional contacts. Continuously assesses referral sources for frequency and quality.
- Follows up appropriately with all referral sources once a resident has deposited and moved-in.
- Visits existing residents that have been sent to a hospital or rehab, and meet with social workers and discharge planners to educate them about The Kensington’s on-site community services available at discharge.
- Facilitates and manages quarterly quality professional educational events, targeted to influencers and decision makers, to be held on-site annually. Plans and coordinates regular professional networking and prospective resident marketing events.
- Represents the community at local special events, networking associations, community and corporate functions, health fairs and key community events.
- Keeps accurate inventory of all promotional items. Submits requests for re-orders and new items as needed.
- Conducts annual competitive reviews to better understand the marketplace and anticipate consumer needs and concerns.
- Maintains accurate records of all activities including appointments and lead information and submits periodic reports to the Executive Director.
- Participates in a weekly sales meeting to review updates to professional referral sources, open inventory, lead generation activities, upcoming calendar of events and effectiveness of past special events.
- Attends training courses and participate in other professional development activities as required.
- Report any suspicion or evidence of elder abuse, mistreatment or neglect as outlined in Personnel Policies.
Knowledge and Skill:
- Must have excellent verbal skills and communication abilities.
- Ability to work effectively within a team based environment.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Must have excellent computer skills, including; Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, and Property Management System.
- Must be able to clearly and proficiently communicate with people of all ages, while maintaining an energetic and positive attitude.
- Must be able to read and write English, and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Minimum of 2 years in similar position, with preferable retirement living or home-care background.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings.
- High school or equivalent diploma required. Under graduate college degree strongly preferred.
- Must have reliable transportation to conduct outreach visits on a continuous basis.
- Be in good health, and physically and mentally capable of performing assigned tasks. Good physical health shall be verified by a health screening performed by a physician not more than (6) months prior to or (7) days after employment.
- Demonstrates freedom from pulmonary tuberculosis by a health screening performed by a physician not more than (6) months prior to or (7) days after employment
- Must be criminally cleared by DOJ and FBI via the Live-Scan process prior to initial presence in the facility.
Mental and Physical Requirements:
- Requires ability to stand and walk short and long distances for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and/or carry objects in excess of 25 pounds.
- Requires reaching above, below, and at shoulder length.
- Ability to remain calm and positive in stressful situations.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only job duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities and aptitude to perform each duty proficiently.
To apply for this job email your details to RedondoBeachCareers@kensingtonsl.com