The Kensington Redondo Beach
The Director of Community Relations is responsible filling and maintaining resident occupancy in the community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meets with all prospective residents and families/responsible parties to establish relationships. Gathers information, answers questions, conducts tours, and qualifies residents for admission.
- Maintains strong knowledge of the competition including their positioning, pricing, features, occupancy, and sales approaches.
- Works with the Executive Director and other sales team members to formulate and execute the annual sales and marketing plan that includes recommendations for adjusting the community’s positioning, target markets and resident profiles, pricing recommendations, media plans, public relations plans, community outreach plans, and expected costs.
- Establishes sales goals with the Executive Director. Effectively develops and manages the lead base and follows up as appropriate with leads. Develops and implements corrective actions for areas where targeted performance is not achieved.
- Maintains detailed notes of contacts and next steps with all leads.
- Maintains accurate, complete, and up-to-date occupancy and apartment inventory reports/ forecasts.
- Participates in a weekly sales meeting to review lead traffic, quality of leads, open inventory, and projected move-ins and move outs.
- Works with Executive Director and/ or outside marketing firm(s) to ensure that all marketing materials are kept up to date and meet state and federal regulatory requirements (i.e. Resident’s Rights, Fair Housing, etc.)
- Attends training courses and participates in other professional development activities as required.
- Report any suspicion or evidence of elder abuse, mistreatment or neglect as outlined in Personnel Policies.
Knowledge and Skill:
- Must have excellent verbal skills and communication abilities.
- Ability to work effectively within a team based environment.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Must have excellent computer skills, including; Word, Outlook, and lead management modules of Property Management Systems.
- Must be able to clearly and proficiently communicate with people of all ages, while maintaining an energetic and positive attitude.
- Must be able to read and write English, and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Minimum of 2 years in a similar position, with preferable assisted living or independent living.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings.
- Bachelors’ degree preferred.
- Must present a well-groomed appearance and demonstrate a courteous, friendly, patient and congenial manner at all times.
- The ability to work under stress and to function effectively with interruptions.
- Be in good health, and physically and mentally capable of performing assigned tasks. Good physical health shall be verified by a health screening performed by a physician not more than (6) months prior to or (7) days after employment.
- Demonstrates freedom from pulmonary tuberculosis by a health screening performed by a physician not more than (6) months prior to or (7) days after employment
- Must be criminally cleared by DOJ and FBI via the Live-Scan process prior to initial presence in the facility.
Mental and Physical Requirements:
- Requires ability to stand and walk short and long distances for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and/or carry objects in excess of 25 pounds.
- Requires reaching above, below, and at shoulder length.
- Ability to remain calm and positive in stressful situations.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only job duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities and aptitude to perform each duty proficiently.
To apply for this job email your details to RedondoBeachCareers@kensingtonsl.com