Apply Below to Join The Kensington Family
Why The Kensington Redondo Beach? Because “We Promise to Care and Love You Just As We Do Our Own Family!” Become part of a community that’s driven by its unique core values: a Love for Seniors, Respect for Each Other, Passion for Excellence, and a Spirit to Serve. Partner with us to find your path, grow your purpose, and expect the unexpected: deeper connections, better opportunities, and a stronger sense of belonging.
The Server team member is responsible for assisting with the set-up of the Assisted Living dining areas and the serving meals to Assisted Living residents.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Completes set up of the dining areas in preparation for meal periods and events including setting of tables, stocking supplies in side stands, ensuring condiments are refreshed, and carpets and furniture are clean and neatly arranged.
- Attends taste panel meetings daily with culinary staff to be briefed on descriptions of menu items and sample specials and new menu items.
- Greets residents and visitors as they are seated, provides menus, and explains any “specials” that are available.
- Takes beverage and food orders from residents and visitors and communicates them to the culinary staff. Ensures that dietary restrictions of each resident are adhered to.
- Delivers food and beverages accurately to each table. Monitors beverages and refreshes them as needed throughout the meal. Ensures that the pace of the dining experience meets the needs of the diners- not too slow or rushed.
- Stops back at tables during the meal to ensure that any additional diner needs are addressed.
- Clears dishes, glassware, and silverware as needed, transports them to the dish room, scrapes plates, and places them in designated spaces in preparation for washing.
- Communicates feedback from diners to the Dining Room Coordinator and the culinary staff.
- Assists Dining Room Coordinator with any assignments or work requests throughout the meal period. Gains approval from Dining Room Coordinator before leaving the floor.
- Participates in other professional development activities as required.
- Report any suspicion or evidence of elder abuse, mistreatment or neglect as outlined in Personnel Policies.
Knowledge and Skill:
- Must have excellent verbal skills and communication abilities.
- Ability to work effectively within a team based environment.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of proper food service techniques.
- Must be able to clearly and proficiently communicate with people of all ages, while maintaining an energetic and positive attitude.
- Must be able to read and write English, and follow verbal and written instructions.
- One (1) year of experience in a similar position, with preferable retirement living or home-care background is desirable.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings.
- Trained in safe food handling techniques and sanitation.
- Be in good health, and physically and mentally capable of performing assigned tasks. Good physical health shall be verified by a health screening performed by a physician not more than (6) months prior to or (7) days after employment.
- Demonstrates freedom from pulmonary tuberculosis by a health screening performed by a physician not more than (6) months prior to or (7) days after employment
- Must be criminally cleared by DOJ and FBI via the Live-Scan process prior to initial presence in the facility.
- Must test negative for COVID prior to working in the community.
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID at time of employment.
Mental and Physical Requirements:
- Requires ability to stand and walk short and long distances for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and/or carry objects in excess of 25 pounds.
- Requires reaching above, below, and at shoulder length.
- Ability to remain calm and positive in stressful situations.
Kensington Senior Living requires our employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to receive a booster dose on or before their first date of employment. Fully vaccinated means that at least two weeks has passed since an individual received the final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We will provide reasonable accommodations to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated because of a disability or sincerely held religious belief, unless it would impose an undue hardship or pose a direct threat of substantial harm to the employee or others.