Website The Kensington Redondo Beach
Our Promise: To Love and Care For Your Family as We Do Our Own.
Do you have a passion and love for seniors? Do you want to work for an employer who appreciates you and values you?
If so, The Kensington Redondo Beach is looking for full-time and part-time qualified loving and caring people to join our team. We offer competitive salaries and a great benefits package to our full-time team members. Please let us know if you’re interested in finding out more about this position and provide us with your contact information at your earliest convenience.
We look forward to hearing from you!
The Assistant EVS Director supports the overall functioning of the department. The Assistant EVS Director will oversee the housekeeping and laundry functions and will support the scheduling and completion of repairs, renovations, and restorative projects on both a scheduled and as-needed basis. The Assistant EVS Director is also required to support safety and emergency preparedness initiatives and play an active emergency response role when required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establishes housekeeping and laundry assignments by defining suite cleaning schedules, laundry schedules, and physical areas of responsibilities within the Schedules staff to ensure housekeeping assignments are covered daily. Ensures all work is performed to KSL standards.
- Develops daily, weekly, monthly, semi-annual, and annual cleaning checklists for all areas within the community. Identifies whether the cleaning tasks on each checklist will be carried out by team members or third-party service providers and ensures timely completion of projects.
- Manages housekeeping and laundry labor and cleaning supply expenses. Monitors and adjusts staffing levels, cleaning schedules, and supply inventories to ensure the resources needed to complete the required work are available without exceeding budgeted targets.
- Develops and carries out a comprehensive inspection program that covers every suite, common area, and back of the house space on a monthly basis. Documents results of inspections and assigns work as needed to correct deficiencies.
- Supports the Director of Environmental Services with preventative maintenance scheduling, assignment and completion of work requests, room turns, CAPEX projects, vendor coordination, security oversight and all other related duties. Along with Director of Environmental Services will provide on call support for community.
- Promptly reports items that require repair or replacement to the maintenance department via a work order system.
- Maintains all departmental workspaces and equipment in clean and like new condition. Performs repair, renovation, and restorative work to the buildings, grounds, equipment, and systems as assigned. Assists in taking and recording required readings including, but not limited to, air temperature, energy consumption, and water temperature/pressure.
- Supports the Director of Environmental Services in carrying out Safety initiatives, Emergency Preparedness training and drills, and maintaining Infection Control and Materials Handling programs that complies with all applicable regulatory Responds to emergency situations and carries out assigned role.
- Participates in the interviewing , onboarding, training, supervision, and performance management processes for departmental personnel.
- Attends training courses and participate in other professional development activities as required.
- Report any suspicion or evidence of elder abuse, mistreatment or neglect as outlined in Personnel Policies.
Knowledge and Skill:
- Must be able to understand and follow verbal instructions.
- Must be able to keep accurate records.
- Ability to work effectively within a team-based environment.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to perform minor repairs and restorative/renovation work.
- General knowledge of mechanical systems and proper use of equipment.
- Must be able to clearly and proficiently communicate with people of all ages, while maintaining an energetic and positive attitude.
- Three years in similar position is preferable
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings.
- Must have a valid drivers’ license and a track record of safely operating motor vehicles.
- High school diploma or equivalent vocational training is preferred.
- Certification and/or licenses in trades is preferred.
- Be in good health, and physically and mentally capable of performing assigned tasks. Good physical health shall be verified by a health screening performed by a physician not more than (6) months prior to or (7) days after employment.
- Demonstrates freedom from pulmonary tuberculosis by a health screening performed by a physician not more than (6) months prior to or (7) days after employment
- Must be criminally cleared by DOJ and FBI via the Live-Scan process prior to initial presence in the facility.
- Must test negative for COVID prior to working in the community.
- Must be vaccinated for COVID within 30 days of employment.
Mental and Phvsical Requirements:
- Requires ability to stand and walk short distances for extended periods of time.
- Stoops for and bends at the knees, twisting from side to side at the waist.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds to waist height and 40 pounds to shoulder height.
- Must be able to push 200 pounds on a cart with casters.
- Requires reaching above, below and at shoulder level.